Credits for Altre Attività
What are “Altre attività”
The Study Plan of European Legal Studies includes “Altre attività” for 3 CFUs (ie. 18-20 hours overall, as 1 CFU = 6 hours of work).
“Altre attività” are thus an inherent component of the curriculum studiorum of each ELS student. They can be done through the two years of the course, and have to be fulfilled by the submission of the application for graduation.
According to the specific Regulation adopted by the Law Department (see here the original version in Italian), the following types of activities qualify as “altre attività”:
- “Seminari” (Seminars) within the official teaching offer of the Department for a given academic year (see their list here)
- Other occasional seminars and workshops held by faculty members and junior researchers of the Law Department
- Conferences, research workshops, both in Italy or abroad
- Activities which are organized by the students under the supervision of a faculty member of the Law Department
- Individual projects, i.e., a single student’s project in agreement and under the supervision of a faculty member of the Law Department. Individual projects may consist of several types of activities, including attendance to extra-university conferences, voluntary work, or the elaboration of a written work; since October 2020, they may also consist of attendance of a part of a general course within the teaching offer of the Law Department, in agreement with the teacher.
The list of official seminars is published here.
For “Seminari”, other seminars and workshops organized by a faculty member or junior researcher of the Law Department, conferences and workshops listed here under “Avvisi ed eventi”, as well as individual projects, successful attendance of the activity is certified by the teacher, and students are not required to carry out any administrative steps ex post.
Seminars and workshops; conferences etc. are publicized here, under “Avvisi ed eventi”. They can be accessed without submitting request for prior approval to the Commissione Altre Attività.
- Activities organized by students
Other activities different from the above, for which prior approval has been asked to, and granted by, the “Commissione Altre Attività” (the official working group in charge of dealing with the scientific aspects of “Altre attività”). This also includes language courses attended during the period of enrolment as a student of ELS, upon presentation of a certificate of attendance and diploma (certificate of positive passing of a final exam)
Students must submit a request for prior approval to the Commissione Altre Attività for all the activities which are not official seminars, are not listed in the webpage on “Avvisi ed eventi”, and are not individual projects.
The form to be filled in and submitted is here. The submission must be done at least one week in advance of the start of the “altra attività” at stake.
For those types of “altre attività”, students must prove their effective participation to, or performance of, the activity, within the following 30 days after the end of the activity. Students must send the certification of attendance to the Commissione Altre Attività by replying to the email of the latter giving approval of the prior request.
News concerning general aspects of “Altre attività” are published here, under “Avvisi ed eventi”.